Royal Household’s new S-76
The British Royal Family has taken delivery of a brand new Sikorsky S-76C++.
November 4: The British Royal Family has taken delivery of a brand new Sikorsky S-76C++ VIP helicopter.
Captain Christopher Pittaway, Manager and Chief Pilot of The Queen’s Helicopter Flight, said “It most closely meets the mission requirements by providing a quiet and comfortable cabin environment, low carbon footprint and best value for money. We have enjoyed excellent product support from Sikorsky over many years and I look forward to a continued relationship."
The S-76C++ has upgraded Turbomeca Arriel 2S2 engines and gearbox technology that reduces interior noise levels, an inlet barrier filter to protect the engine against erosion and environmental contaminants and a new VIP interior.
Filed Under General Aviation News.
Interested in General Aviation?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- SAUBER F1 TEAM FLIES WITH PILATUS
- EasyVFR for Windows
- New HUD for Experimental and Light Sport Aircraft
- British students to fly the flag at international ‘Drone Olympics’
- VirtualFly OVO-04 maintenance study