Second ex-USMC C-130T Hercules Delivered to Philippine Air Force
NEWLY ACQUIRED Philippine Air Force (PAF) C-130T Hercules 5040 (c/n 5040, ex USMC/163022) completed its delivery flight on October 9, when it landed safely at Mactan-Benito Ebuen Air Base, Cebu, in the Philippines. It had left Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Arizona, on October 5.
The second former USMC C-130T Hercules, 5040 (c/n 5040, ex USMC/163022), powers up its engines prior to departure from Davis-Monthan AFB on October 5 to begin its delivery flight to the Philippine Air Force. After several en route stops, it arrived in the Philippines on October 9. USAF/309th AMARG
It is the second of two former US Marine Corps C-130Ts being supplied to the PAF, after being de-converted from KC-130T tankers. Both were refurbished by the 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group at Davis-Monthan, where they had been in storage following retirement from USMC service. The first ex-USMC C-130T for the PAF, 5011 (c/n 5011, ex USMC/162786), had arrived in the Philippines on April 5.
Filed Under Military Aviation News.
Interested in Military Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Red Arrows to Re-equip with New Aircraft
- Schools Aerospace Challenger winners announced
- Second ex-USMC C-130T Hercules Delivered to Philippine Air Force
- Aircraft Carrier Kuznetsov Transits English Channel En Route Syria
- Boeing Unveils its Contender for the USAF T-X Trainer Requirement