Meteor restoration makes further progress at Elvington
Graham Buckle and his team at Elvington in Yorkshire have taken considerable steps forward in their restoration of Gloster Meteor NF.14 WS788. The full story will be published in the next issue of FlyPast (out January 2), but in the meantime, here are some recent pictures from the project.
The group is particularly keen to source any information on the ‘Dixey’ nose art applied to WS788 during its time with the RAF’s 1 Air Navigation School. If you can help, please contact Graham: bluetwo
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- De Havilland Aircraft Museum launches crowdfunding bid
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Warbird flights will support Battle of Britain charity