Lockheed Blackbird talk in Welshpool - May 12
Col Richard Graham USAF will be giving an illustrated talk about his time flying the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird on May 12 (7:30pm) at The Assembly Room, Welshpool Town Hall.
During his career with the USAF Col Graham flew 210 combat missions in Vietnam and then volunteered to join the SR-71 programme in 1974. He spent seven years flying the SR-71 before being promoted to Squadron Commander.
After spending 4 years serving in the Pentagon he returned to Beale as Vice Wing Commander and in the summer of 1988 was made Wing Commander of 9th SRW (Strategic Reconnaissance Wing) at Beale Air Force base.
Tickets: £10 from Welshpool Tourist Office (01938 552043) or Mid Wales Airport (01938 555560)
The Montgomeryshire town will also host the Bob Jones Memorial Airshow on June 11 at Welshpool Airport.
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Shuttleworth Collection prepares for post-Christmas Engineering Open Workshop Dec 29-30
- Warbird flights will support Battle of Britain charity
- Search for Dambuster's stolen log book
- Dakotas to gather in California for special event