Dakotas to gather in California for special event
Flabob Airport near Los Angeles, California, is the venue for a major Douglas DC-3/C-47 fly-in, scheduled for May 19 to 21.
A Douglas DC-3 at sunset – many examples of the legendary aircraft are expected to arrive at Flabob in May. WITH THANKS TO JON GOLDENBAUM
Eleven Dakotas are already committed to the event, with more expected. The privately-owned airport promises to open up the flightline to the public, with all aircraft accessible. Passenger rides will be available in several, and all participating aircraft will be encouraged to fly for the cameras.
Seminars and other presentations will also be held throughout the weekend, hosted by current Dakota pilots and maintainers, as well as military and airline veterans. Hotels in nearby Riverside are offering discounted rates to anyone attending. All information on schedules, hotels, attending aircraft, and contact information can be viewed online at: www.flabobdc3flyin.com
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Wartime Weekend to celebrate and remember 106 Squadron and RAF Metheringham
- Vintage Village returns to RAF Cosford Airshow - Skymaster joins static line-up
- Combat helicopter showcase at RAF Cosford Air Show
- Southend Vulcan opens doors to public this weekend (April 23)
- De Havilland Aircraft Museum launches crowdfunding bid