Sea Vixen and Blades among stars at Duxford Air Festival
Duxford's first major airshow of the year takes place on May 27 and 28.
The confirmed flying programme for the Duxford Air Festival to date features:
• The Breitling Wingwalkers, the world’s only aerobatic formation wing-walking team.
• The Blades, a world-class aerobatic display team of RAF fast jet and former Red Arrows pilots.
• The only flying de Havilland Sea Vixen in the world.
• Great War Display Team with nine replica First World War aircraft including a Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c; three Royal Aircraft Factory SE5a aircraft; two Fokker DR1 triplanes and two Junkers CL1 aircraft, accompanied by flak, bombing and strafing effects.
• The aerial artistry of the Caldius Autogyro, an exhilarating, fun and thrilling close-up flying display.
• The 1960s Rolls Royce Viper jet power of the BAC Strikemaster pair.
• The North American OV-10 Bronco which wowed the crowds at The American Air Show in May 2016.The Bronco is a light attack observation aircraft. It was developed in the 1960s as a special aircraft for counter-insurgency (COIN) operations and was used by the American forces during the Vietnam War.
• A Noorduyn Norseman, a 1940s Canadian-built bush plane designed to operate on land, water and ice. It was a Norsemen in which Major Glenn Miller was flying as a passenger when he disappeared over the English Channel on 15 December 1944.
(All info and image is courtesy IWM Duxford)
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- RAF Museum expansion programme - new images
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW