Lysander's Landing Zone revealed
Clothing manufacturer Black Star Brands, featured in the current FlyPast, recently visited Landing Zone Gide in the Loire Valley, France. This was the site of a triple Lysander operation in September 1943 to insert members of the French Resistance behind enemy lines. The footage Black Star Brands shot gives a good idea of how challenging such landings must have been. BSB is currently working on a new Lysander-themed polo shirt. www.blackstarbrands.com
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Warbird flights will support Battle of Britain charity
- Search for Dambuster's stolen log book
- Dakotas to gather in California for special event
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Meteor restoration makes further progress at Elvington