Lancaster to fly at Croft Nostalgia Festival
Weather permitting, the BBMF’s Avro Lancaster PA474 has been confirmed to fly at this year’s Croft Nostalgia Festival on August 5 and 6 in North Yorkshire.
Blending retro racing, classic cars, vintage fashion and music as well as prestigious military vehicles, this summer’s event promises to be Croft’s biggest yet.
“Croft Nostalgia Festival has been going from strength-to-strength each year, and 2017 will be no different,” said Mike Scorer from the organising team. “A lot of work has gone on behind-the-scenes to make this happen, and after many applications it is fantastic that we have been successful in ensuring the Lancaster features at the event. It is especially poignant as the Royal Canadian Air Force flew Lancasters from Croft during World War Two.”
Advance Croft Nostalgia Festival tickets begin at £11, with weekend passes available for £24 and accompanied children aged 15 and under admitted free-of-charge. For further information or to purchase tickets, see www.croftcircuit.co.uk/racing/nostalgia or call 01325 721815.
Lancaster image: Tony Todd Photography / www.tonytodd.photography
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Southend Vulcan opens doors to public this weekend (April 23)
- Four BBMF fighters to accompany Lancaster at Cosford Air Show
- B-25 Mitchells to converge on Dayton, Ohio, for Doolittle 75th Anniversary
- Vintage Village returns to RAF Cosford Airshow - Skymaster joins static line-up
- Lancaster to fly at Croft Nostalgia Festival