WACO Classic’s all-glass aircraft
WACO Classic Aircraft says it has produced an ‘all glass’ cockpit for its classic designs.
February 18: US firm WACO Classic Aircraft says it has produced a ‘first’ for a single-engine general aviation aircraft, that of an ‘all glass’ cockpit.
The WACO YMF open cockpit biplane panel features a Garmin G500 PFD/MFD, GTS 800 Traffic Advisory System, GNS 430W GPS/NAV/COM/WAAS, GMA 340 Audio Panel, SL40 COM, GTX 327 Transponder, GPS MAP 696, JP Instruments' EDM 930 Primary Engine Data Management and L-3 Communication's Electronic Standby Instrument ESI-1000 ‘Trilogy’.
Waco Classic says that most avionics equipment manufacturers wouldn't consider certifying this equipment for a 1930’s style aircraft, but the “forward thinking engineers and sales teams at Garmin and L-3 Communications made it possible”.
Filed Under General Aviation News.
Interested in General Aviation?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- SAUBER F1 TEAM FLIES WITH PILATUS
- EasyVFR for Windows
- VirtualFly OVO-04 maintenance study
- New HUD for Experimental and Light Sport Aircraft
- British students to fly the flag at international ‘Drone Olympics’