Picture: AW139 gets ice clearance
The AW139 has received certification for its FIPS de-icing system.
May 5: AgustaWestland has announced that the Full Ice Protection System (FIPS) for its AW139 medium twin helicopter has received Federal Aviation Administration certification, following European Aviation Safety Agency certification issued in February.
The FIPS system includes ice detectors, automatic activation system with manual back up, electrical power generators, engine intake protection grids, heated windshield and blades (main and tail rotor).
Filed Under General Aviation News.
Interested in General Aviation?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- New STEM Jobs in Aviation Initiative Launched
- Helitech 2009: FBH debuts SAR AW139
- Cosford sell-out causes traffic chaos
- Two die in RAF Tutor crash
- Queen's Birthday Flypast - pictures