Nimrod arrives at Norwich
The latest delivery of a Nimrod MR2 to a museum saw XV255 fly into Norwich Airport.
May 24: The latest delivery of a Nimrod MR2 to a museum saw XV255 fly into Norwich Airport to be retired to the City of Norwich Aviation Museum.
XV255 had been earmarked for the RAF Museum at Cosford but clearance to fly into the West Midlands airfield was not forthcoming and the cost of dismantling the aircraft at nearby Shawbury was deemed prohibitive. Cosford is now likely to get another Nimrod dismantled at RAF Kinloss and taken by road.
The last Nimrod MR2 flight is expected to be on Wednesday with the delivery of XV229 to Manston in Kent.
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
- Nimrod arrives at Elvington
- RAF to retire Nimrod R1s next year
- Second Nimrod MR2 delivered
- Bruntingthorpe gets its Nimrod
- A West Midlands Nimrod
- MR2 moves in at Manston
- Nimrods find new homes
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Search for Dambuster's stolen log book
- Dakotas to gather in California for special event
- Hurribomber takes to the skies
- Warbird flights will support Battle of Britain charity