S38 makes Jersey – just!
The star of Jersey’s International Airshow on September 9 did make it to the island.
September 13: The star of Jersey’s International Airshow on September 9, Sikorsky S38 'Osa's Ark', did make it to the island, but unfortunately only after the airshow in St Aubin’s Bay had finished.
Strong winds had hampered the aircraft’s flight across France and pilot Tom Schrade finally made landfall just after 19:00 local time after some seven hours in the air, two hours after the airshow had finished. It made a welcome sight in the airport static park on Friday morning and completed a couple of flights around the island for airshow sponsors and guests, so hopefully many islanders got to see it in the air after all.
Filed Under Airshows News.
Interested in Airshows?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW
- Disney's Planes Exclusive! We talk to the Director
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?