F-35 engine battle nearing conclusion
The ongoing F-35 Alternate Engine Programme battle with US Congress is nearing a conclusion.
September 15: The ongoing F-35 Alternate Engine Programme battle with US Congress is nearing a conclusion as the Senate Appropriations Committee removed all funding for the F136 General Electric/Rolls-Royce powerplant from the draft 2011 Department of Defense Appropriations Bill.
This just leaves the House of Representatives supporting the F136, but with both the Senate and White House set in ditching the alternative to the Pratt & Whitney F135 it leaves the GE/Rolls-Royce team in a vulnerable position.
The next step will be the House and Senate to agree the final bill before it is presented to the White House with enactment due on October 1.
Filed Under Military Aviation News.
Interested in Military Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Red Arrows to Re-equip with New Aircraft
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- Schools Aerospace Challenger winners announced
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW