AVIC’s AC311 takes off
AVIC has successfully flown its AC311 light helicopter for the first time.
November 10: China’s Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC) successfully flew its AC311 light helicopter for the first time on November 8 at its Tianjin facility.
To coincide with the first flight, the Public Security Bureau of Tianjin signed an order for two of the helicopters. The AC311 can carry six people, has a maximum take-off weight of 2,200kg and is intended to be used for flight training, personnel transport and a variety of other tasks.
Powered by a Honeywell LTS101-700D-2 engine, the helicopter has a composite rotor system and is an all-digital design. Chinese Civil Aviation type certification is expected in 2012 and AVIC thinks that there is a domestic market of up to 500 units over the next ten years.
Filed Under General Aviation News.
Interested in General Aviation?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- SAUBER F1 TEAM FLIES WITH PILATUS
- EasyVFR for Windows
- VirtualFly OVO-04 maintenance study
- New HUD for Experimental and Light Sport Aircraft
- Record breaking racing aircraft returns to Bedfordshire