Postcard from Italy
The Italian Air Force’s Frecce Tricolori aerobatic display team celebrated its 50th anniversary on September 11/12 with a major airshow at Rivolto, near Udine.
The two-day event saw over 450,000 spectators attend in warm sunshine and see eight national display teams from across Europe over 14 hours of flying action. It was attended by the Italian Defence Minister, Ignazio La Russa, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Vincenzo Camporini and the Chief of Air Force, Air Force General Giuseppe Bernardis.
Display teams consisted of Team Iskry from Poland, the Royal Jordanian Falcons, Krila Oluje from Croatia, Patrulla Aguila from Spain, Patrouille de France, Patrouille Suisse and the RAF’s Red Arrows.
All images by Tommaso Munforti.
Filed Under Airshows Features.
Interested in Airshows?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- Additional Military Displays for Cosford
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK