Miss England lands at Wattisham
At Wattisham Airfield to help with the station’s 70th anniversary celebrations was reigning Miss England, Laura Coleman. Laura, 22, is no stranger to helicopters, having briefly considered a military flying career before turning her attention to furthering her studies in law.
As well as trying an Apache AH1 cockpit for size, Laura was literally dropped into the event by a Royal Air Force Sea King HAR3A from locally based B Flight of 22 Squadron.
The day’s celebrations culminated with a nine-ship Apache formation hovering over the airfield, the first time so many had been seen in the air together at a public event.
Interested in Airshows?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- Disney's Planes Exclusive! We talk to the Director
- East Kirkby’s second show a success