Miss England lands at Wattisham
At Wattisham Airfield to help with the station’s 70th anniversary celebrations was reigning Miss England, Laura Coleman. Laura, 22, is no stranger to helicopters, having briefly considered a military flying career before turning her attention to furthering her studies in law.
As well as trying an Apache AH1 cockpit for size, Laura was literally dropped into the event by a Royal Air Force Sea King HAR3A from locally based B Flight of 22 Squadron.
The day’s celebrations culminated with a nine-ship Apache formation hovering over the airfield, the first time so many had been seen in the air together at a public event.
Interested in General Aviation?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- SAUBER F1 TEAM FLIES WITH PILATUS
- EasyVFR for Windows
- Pilatus presents its latest flagship, the PC-24 twin-jet
- Record breaking racing aircraft returns to Bedfordshire
- TV Top Designer To Personalise Planes