Video: Samuel Cody remembered
Volunteers at the Farnborough Air Sciences Trust (FAST) museum paid tribute to aviation pioneer Samuel Cody on August 7, with the unveiling of a special statue of the airman.
Sir Gerald Howarth MP giving a few words on behalf of the local community during the ceremony. ©FlyPast-Nigel Price
Among the many invited special guests was Captain Eric ‘Winkle’ Brown, who unveiled the new monument. www.airsciences.org.uk
For more on the Cody memorial, see FlyPast’s October issue, on sale in the UK and on download on August 30. This issue will also be available worldwide – ask at your local book store for more details. Visit Key Shop to buy online.
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Warbird flights will support Battle of Britain charity
- Spitfire Restoration Project - Update