Shoreham Airshow: Harrier star of static
Arriving for this weekend’s airshow at Shoreham Airport near Worthing in West Sussex was a Harrier GR9.
August 21: Arriving for this weekend’s airshow at Shoreham Airport near Worthing in West Sussex was a Harrier GR9 from 41 Squadron, based at RAF Coningsby. Harriers have been quite rare on the UK airshow scene this year, and for Shoreham to bag one is quite a coup – it’s all down to the good relations the airshow team has with the Royal Air Force.
Flying the Harrier is local lad Squadron Leader Tim Simmons, who grew up in Lancing. “I’ve been trying to get back here for quite a few years – it’s good to make it!” he said on arrival.
Shoreham’s Airshow is on Saturday and Sunday, but big crowds are expected, so arrive early!
Interested in Airshows?
- Aviation News. The Past, Present and Future of Flight
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- Additional Military Displays for Cosford
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW