Mercy Flight Southeast Raffles off flight in a P-51 Mustang
Stallion 51 Flight Operations in partnership with Mercy Flight Southeast is raffling off a chance to fly in one of the two dual cockpit-dual control P-51 Mustangs.
Mercy Flight Southeast uses a network of volunteer pilots to provides free air transportation to life-saving medical appointments for people who otherwise not get there. While pilots donate their aircraft, fuel and flight hours to complete thousands of flights year after year, the non-profit organization is reliant on donations and fundraising to pay for support services and to keep passengers and pilots in the air.
The Raffle prize includes a half-day P-51 orientation experience at Stallion 51’s headquarters in Kissimmee, Florida:
• Pre-flight briefing that tailors each flight to the individual's experience, expertise and expectations; preflight walk around and cockpit orientation;
• Hands-on flight that encourages the individual to do 95% of the flying;
• Post-flight briefing reviewing the multi-camera video that captures all of the action during the flight;
• Photo with pilot and aircraft.
Raffle tickets are $20 each and the prize includes round trip airfare up to $500 to Orlando. The winner will be drawn and announced on April 5, 2014 during the annual Sun N Fun International Fly-in and Expo held at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, April 1 – 6, 2014.
Raffle tickets can be purchased online at www.MercyFlightSE.org or by calling (352) 326-0761. Entrants need not be present at the drawing to win.
Filed Under Historic Aviation News.
Interested in Historic Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Warbird flights will support Battle of Britain charity
- Spitfire Restoration Project - Update