US Navy selects Osprey for COD
HV-22 looks set to replace C-2 Greyhound
The US Navy looks set to procure V-22 Osprey tiltrotors to replace its C-2A Greyhound carrier on board delivery (COD) aircraft. Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus, Chief of Naval Operations ADM Jonathan Greenert, and Marine Corps Commandant Gen Joseph Dunford have signed a memo for the acquisition.
The Ospreys will be modified to HV-22 configuration for the COD mission.
Filed Under News.
Interested in Military Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- Backfires in action over Syria
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Russian attack helicopters arrive in Syria...
- La Fayette's centenary stunner