The new and updated Aspen Pitkin County Airport is now available for FSX and Prepar3D.
Aspen is a ski resort for its rich and famous and is mostly used by private jets. The runway is only usable in one direction, Runway 15 is used for landing and Runway 33 for departure, so it is not unusual to take-off or land with a tailwind.
In addition, the airport is surrounded by high terrain and changeable weather, with strong winds and massive snow falls. To make matters worse its 7,280ft elevation will make departures and arrivals even more dangerous – even for more confident pilots.
The new Extended version is a full rebuild of the original package, released in 2007, but it has been updated using the latest technology along with the extended runway and updated airport scenery, including new taxiways, fire station, fixed-base operator, terminal and hangars.
• Fully baked high resolution textures with shadows and light maps for all airport and town models
• 100km2 of high resolution photographic scenery with full seasonal and night variations
• 5 meter mesh covering 2400 km2 of the Rocky Mountains around Aspen
• Tarmac and runway markings with realistic wet weather and specular effects
• Current VFR and IFR approaches.
• Detailed rendering of the Aspen Valley Hospital and emergency helipad
• Dozens of custom local landmarks, including Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, Aspen Recreation Center, Hotel Jerome and Benedict Music Tent
• Animated `Silver Queen` gondola to Ajax
• Custom Aspen-style autogen houses and mansions
• Static CRJ-700s in United Express and Delta liveries
• Realistic runway and street lighting system.
• Animated windsocks
• Compatible with Vero-FS `Heart of Colorado` photo scenery.
Click here for more information on the Aerosoft website
Filed Under Flight Simulation News.
Interested in Flight Simulation?
- PC Pilot. The World's Favourite Flight Simulation Magazine
Most Read News...
- Canadian Lancaster to Visit the UK
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- EasyVFR for Windows
- Delhi Arrives in Prepar3D
- FlightSimExpo Update