Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology
24-May-2017 to 25-May-2017
Leading and Winning Naval Warfare through the Technological Innovation of Maritime Robotic Systems
SMi is delighted to announce the launch of the Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology conference taking place in London, UK on the 24th – 25th May 2017. Aimed at Unmanned Maritime System Program Managers, Heads of Surface/Underwater Warfare and Heads of Autonomous Systems Integration, UMS Technology 2017 will reflect on the future developments and technological innovation of maritime robotic systems.
Exercise Unmanned Warrior has shown the naval community that drones, both autonomous and remotely controlled will remain a permanent feature on todays and tomorrows naval theatre of operations. Unmanned Surface Vessels, Unmanned Underwater Vehicles and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles will continue to proliferate as they expand the range from which navies can operate, at a reduced cost and risk to personnel.
The Royal Navy which led the exercise are in the middle of reviewing the success and beginning to shape future concepts for unmanned platforms in naval warfare. In May the review will be completed and the Navy will be able to announce future concepts for maritime drones. Therefore this is the perfect opportunity to bring together leading unmanned maritime users to discuss the future role of drones and other innovative technology being developed in the industry.
2017 Speaker Line-Up:
• Admiral Sir George Zambellas, Former First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff, Royal Navy
• Rear Admiral Keith Blount, Assistant Chief of the Naval Staff Aviation and Carriers, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm, Royal Navy
• Rear Admiral Shepard Smith, Director of the Office of Coast Survey, NOAA: National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
• Commodore Andreas Vettos, Commander Maritime Air Directorate, NATO MARCOM
• Captain Zbiniew Gorniak, Deputy Chief of Staff Plans, Maritime Operations Centre, Polish Navy
• Captain Jon Rucker, Program Manager Unmanned Maritime Systems, US Navy
• Captain Clark Troyer, Commanding Officer, ONR Global
• Mr David Burton, Director Strategy, NATO STO-CMRE
• Dr Phillip Smith, Ship Systems & Integrated Survivability Programme Manager, DSTL
• Morten Nakjem, Research Manager, Maritime Systems, FFI
Benefits of attending 2017:
• Hear from senior naval officials on the latest advancements in unmanned technology
• Learn how UMS are changing the nature of warfare above and below the water
• Gain access to key military stakeholders all seeking to develop their unmanned capabilities
• Discuss topics focused around key platforms and capabilities from UUVs for Mine Counter Measures to USVs for Anti-Surface Warfare
• Informal networking time to talk to peers and colleagues also shaping and influencing Unmanned Maritime System programmes today
Registration & Early birds:
Register online at: www.umsconference.com/keypub or contact James Hitchen on +44 (0) 207 827 6054 or email jhitchen
BOOK BY 28TH FEB 2017 TO SAVE £200
BOOK BY 31ST MARCH 2017 TO SAVE £100
Tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6054
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please be advised to contact organisers to check that the event you wish to attend is still taking place as advertised.
Interested in Military Aviation?
Most Read News...
- RED ARROWS RETURN TO RAF COSFORD
- Can you help decipher Kamikaze insignia?
- Growlers on the hunt
- Second ex-USMC C-130T Hercules Delivered to Philippine Air Force
- TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR AWARD WINNING RAF COSFORD AIR SHOW