Picture: US Coast Guard’s winter training
Four US Coast Guard MH-60 Jayhawk rescue helicopters in formation.
Gary Parsons - 5-Dec-2009
December 2: Four US Coast Guard MH-60 Jayhawk rescue helicopters attached to Air Station Kodiak in Alaska conduct hover checks in preparation for a formation flight.
Formation flights train general aircraft handling skills as well as those that aircrew use when conducting multi-ship insertion operations by Maritime Safety and Security Team boarding teams.
Filed Under Military Aviation News.
Interested in Military Aviation?
Most Read News...
- Final A-10 Thunderbolt II tactical sortie in Europe
- US Navy launches first X-47B from carrier
- Eurofighter Typhoon Launches Amateur Photography Competition 2013
- Lockheed Martin Demonstrates ADAM Ground-Based Laser System
- B-52 to Receive Communications Upgrade