A2A Simulations has released the Mk1A Supermarine Spitfire for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The package from A2A sports the Mk1As, which fought in the Battle of Britain. It also includes a faithful recreation of N3200 - QV, one of The Dunkirk Spitfires unearthed from the Normandy beaches and was restored to flying condition.
A2A takes you through all the necessary steps needed to fly a Spitfire, and point out some of the design's unique features and get you as close as possible to feeling what it would have been like to fly this incredible aircraft.
- Beautifully crafted exterior and interior models built from years of research and using factory drawings and plans.
- Fully detailed authentic cockpit with unique animations and functions.
- Modern avionics suite available with a switch-out for those that like a modern approach to simming
- Special effects include engine exhaust and radiator heat vapour
- Highly accurate animated pilot with correct 1938 pattern goggles, sunshade and oxygen mask.
- Functional exterior battery cart, mandatory for starting early Spitfires
- Professional Merlin II sound set.
- Highly accurate flight dynamics and performance specifications ensure an authentic flight.
- Custom coding irons out MSFS taildragger modelling.
Six authentic liveries
- 19 Squadron - "QV" original and restored versions.
- 19 Squadron - "QV-K Squadron Leader Brian Lane Yellow nose.
- 602 Squadron - "LO-G" P.O. O. Hanbury
- 609 Squadron - "PR-F" PO Sydney Jenkin Hill
- 610 Squadron - "DW-E" PO Constantine Pegge
- 54 Squadron - "KL-B" F.O. A. "Al" Deere
- 74 Squadron - "ZP-C" Squadron Leader John Freeborn.