Aerosoft has announced the A330 professional is now available for Prepar3D version 4.5 and above.
The A330 is the bigger brother of the A320 series, designed for long-distance (or short-haul large capacity) flights. It is a logical follow-up of the A320 series but with many systems redone to a higher level of detail with state-of-the-art modelling and textures.
- Simulation of the A330 focused on the day to day operation from the left seat
- Full rain and rain repellent effects using TrueGlass from TFDi Design
- Dozens of non-standard animations with sound effects (sunscreens, windows, tables, tiller, jump seat, standby compass, drooping flight surfaces etc). All main doors and cargo hatches can be opened.
- Extensive options to show ground objects (cones, ground power and ground power)
- Web server that allows access the MCDU via any web browser; ideal for tablet computers
- Electronic Flight Bag that gives access to flows, checklists, flight plans, documents and charts
- Extensive manuals
- Add-in View system: adds many pre-defined views for easy use, emulates 2D panel views
- Add-in Sound system: adds hundreds of background sounds to enhance the immersion
- Co-pilot that runs checklists and flows
- Connected Flight Deck v2 that uses a server-based system making it very easy to join other pilots and to fly as Co-Pilot or Observer
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) for all textures
- Custom Fly-by-Wire systems with flight envelope protection, stall protection, pitch and roll limiter, g-load limiter, over speed protection, Alpha Floor protection, auto trim
- Autopilot with full Cat III auto land, V/S, Managed CLB/DES, OP CLB/DES, heading and NAV modes; VNAV and LNAV; FPA/TRK
- Fully custom thrust computer systems (FADEC), throttle with detents, FLEX take-off
- Very complete MCDU with keyboard entry option
- Flight plans supports SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches, go-arounds, holds, managed climbs and descent, constraints, and direct-to route editing
- VOR tracking, DME arcs supported
- Comes with NavDataPro (LIDO) navigation database but compatible with Navigraph. Includes current AIRAC Data at the time of release
- Complete FS2Crew Runway Awareness and Advisory System included (a €30 value!) - locked to these aircraft
- 28 ECAM pages included, showing relevant aircraft information
- Full features ADIR`s system
- Full TCAS system (including audio warnings) for AI Traffic, IVAO, VATSIM
- Full custom electrical bus system, with realistic battery run down and voltages
- Navigation display with curved lines, de-cluttering, stopwatch, selected navaid, runway information, range change, mode change, stopwatch etc. Includes a Terrain Display option
- Loading and refueling module (interfaced with the simulator) with advanced and simple mode
- In cockpit printer
- Weather Radar with Manual and Multiscan and ground clutter. Works with ANY weather add-on (and even without weather add-on) and reads the actual weather that is inserted in simulator.
- Tiller can be operated by additional axis.
- Advanced brakes with realistic brake temperatures
- Engine models fully updated, highly accurate thrust, EPR, N1, N2, EGT, FF
- Various background sounds from cabin crew, flight crew and ATC (optional)
- View panel bar to easily switch between various 2D (11) and 3D views (16)
- Contains in total 16 Checklists from COCKPIT PREPARATION to PARKING
- Checklists mainly start automatic based on the flight situation p. e. the BEFORE TAKE CL automatically starts when plane reaches the runway holding point, DESCENT PREPARATION CL 9 NM from TOD etc
- Orally spoken checklist items by the PF and confirmed by the PnF
- Option included that the PnF also performs certain settings (gear up, flaps settings etc.) which are part of the checklists
- Info bar displaying the next action
- Ground services (toggle of external objects, chocks, pylons, ground power unit)
- Doors control (controls all doors and hatches)
- Tier 1 product for PMDG Global Flight Operations
1 SAT antenna normal door:
Dragon Air B-LAB
Virgin Atlantic G-VKSS
1 SAT antenna small door:
Cathay Pacific B-LBJ
Singapore Airlines 9V-SSB.
2 SAT antennas small door:
Airbus House colours.
The A330 professional is available over on the Aerosoft website for €63.48 with a 10% discount. Normal price is €70.54.
Customers who own the Airbus A318/A319 or the A320/A321 can purchase the A330 for a discounted price of €48,27.