Aerosoft has released Aerosoft Antarctica Vol. 1 - British Rothera and Beyond for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Rothera station in Antarctica sports some of the most picturesque views on the continent. Located on a rocky outcrop and overlooked by a massive glacier dotted with mountains to the west, it is surrounded by sea on all other sides with a line of the majestic mountains of the Antarctic Peninsula visible to the east on clear days.
The runway is squeezed between the base and hangar buildings and the sea at both ends. To complete the scenery, Aerosoft has also added the remote bases of Fossil Bluff and Sky Blu even further south.
- Animations include animals, vehicles, boats, people, and animated penguins
- Custom animal and vehicles sounds
- Coverage beyond the base with stunning glacier cliffs dropping into the sea
- Hundreds of thousands of animated icebergs in a larger area around the base. At times it can be possible for the approach to be blocked by an iceberg passing through.
- Offsite locations of automated monitoring stations (marked as POIs so you can fly there for regular checks performing rough landings out in the field)
- Offsite landing strips for Sky Blu and Fossil Bluff, two British field locations with custom models and improved terrain imagery/elevation data
- Emergency airstrip location on the glacier above Rothera (alternative landing strip that MUST be used by local aircraft if there are incoming overseas aircraft)
- Carefully crafted landscape to merge with surround landscape - including updated waterbodies
- Manual with dozens of pages of insider knowledge on flying in Antarctica, plus flight plans and simple charts.