Eagle Dynamics (ED) has published a Future Features Survey for the DCS: F-16 Viper to provide an achievable and transparent plan for 2020 and beyond.
As with DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, ED is creating a development roadmap for DCS: F-16C Viper. This is an important step in prioritising user wishes. You can to take part in the DCS: F-16C Viper Features Ranking Survey via the link below.
F-16C Viper Development Report
The F-16C Viper development team is working on new features and tuning existing ones. These include but are not limited to:
- E-O Visual (VIS)
- E-O (BORE)
- EO submode selectors have been added to the SMS pages
- Maverick weapon selection functionality has been added
- The power and warm-up timer functions have been added
Litening Targeting Pod
- The video feed has been adjusted
- Video image brightness has been adjusted
- The design specification has been completed and includes cursor zero, new HOTAS commands, new TGP symbology, control page, air-to-air mode, and much more
- Remaining HOTAS commands for track modes and cursor slew. Cursor zero in progress
- Work continues on the SMS, WPN and DED pages, as well as the HARM as a Sensor (HAS) mode.
- In cooperation with several talented community members, highly accurate liveries for the Israeli, Turkish and United States air forces are being finalised.
- Several subject matter experts are involved in further improvements to the flight model and flight control system. This will provide substantial accuracy enhancements.
Additionally, a whitepaper has been prepared that describes some of the basics of the Flight Module (FM) programming, in particular with regards to the way the sources available are used to achieve a high level of accuracy in the simulation.