Orbx has announced Landmarks Auckland City Pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available.
In addition to the iconic Sky Tower and Auckland Harbour Bridge, Orbx has modelled the entire downtown waterfront in full detail, from the historic Ferry Building to Hobson Wharf. In the CBD, you’ll find the towers of The Pacifica, PwC, and Seascape, and to the east the imposing structure of the Auckland War Memorial Museum.
The port areas downtown also received careful attention, with custom models for industrial buildings and container cranes, the Marine Rescue Center, and a diverse collection of ships and boats.
The city’s terrain is dotted with dozens of ancient volcanic cones, some of which have hilltop POIs, like the obelisk on One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie), the Beacon on Mount Eden (Maungawhau) and the weather station on Victoria Hill.
For helicopter pilots, the ASB Bank Centre and Auckland City Hospital have landable helipads. In addition, Mechanics Bay heliport east of the container port as well as several moored vessels in port with helipads offer landing spots.
Orbx has also added animated features on both water and land so keep your eyes peeled while exploring the city and its surroundings.
As with all of Orbx’s Landmarks titles, they have made extensive enhancements to the entire area, including custom orthoimagery, terraforming, and improving the placement of vegetation and generic buildings. Last but not least, along the entire coastline, from Buckland Beach in the southeast to Whenuapai airport in the northwest, we have exposed the extensive tidal mudflats and beaches that are covered by water in the default scenery.
- High-detail custom landmarks include Auckland Harbour Bridge, Sky Tower, Auckland War Memorial Museum, Eden Park Stadium, and the entire downtown waterfront between the Ferry Building and Hobson Wharf.
- More than 100 medium-detail custom buildings showcase the unique architecture of historic and new Auckland.
- Several buildings with rooftop helipads, with additional landing areas on moored vessels and at the Mechanics Bay heliport.
- Animated features on both water and land.
- Custom orthoimagery for downtown Auckland and the entire Waitematā Harbour waterfront.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static boats, vessels, cranes, antennae, etc.
- Extensive terraforming and shoreline adjustments across the coverage area.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.