Blackbird Simulations has released its first airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator, Beale Air Force Base (AFB).
Located in Sacramento Valley in Northern California, Beale AFB has been an active USAF base since the start of the Cold War and an operating base for the U2 and SR-71 Blackbird reconnaissance aircraft. During the last 60 years, it has been host to various aircraft missions, including bombing, strategic reconnaissance and air-to-air refuelling.
The package from Blackbird Simulations recreates KBAB Beale Air Force Base in detail based on 2022 data. It covers the main airbase, storage areas to the north and housing and services area to the southeast. There are also two small additional features to the east, a training ‘bullseye’ and the PAVE PAWS radar installation.
Other highlights include:
- Accurate buildings and hangars
- Authentic base-specific static aircraft (U-2, T-38, RQ-4, KC-135)
- Detailed USAF ground equipment
- Support vehicles specific to U-2 operations
- Detailed and accurate tarmac texturing with weathering effects true to the actual base
- Dynamic night lighting
- Animated ground crew and ground equipment (beacon, bird strike radar, flags)
- Detailed depiction of PAVE PAWS radar installation east of the base
Beale AFB is available on the Blackbird Simulations’ website for $17.99 (approx £14.50).