Orbx has revealed its next UK destination is Caernarfon Airport EGCK for X-Plane 11.
Caernarfon is a general aviation airport in the heart of Snowdonia, one of the most scenic and popular tourist areas in the UK. Serving as a base for the Welsh Search and Rescue and air ambulance, it is also home to several flying schools and offers tourists scenic flights over Snowdonia national park. The airfield offers a great escape into the Welsh mountains and fits perfectly into TrueEarth GB central. Two large wind turbines next to runway 02/20 makes for an interesting and unique approach.
Created by developer TrueEarth developer Tony Wroblewski, the entire airfield is modelled in detail from extensive real-world photography and numerous site visits. The airport and all the recent extensions and new buildings from the summer of 2019 have also been included.
Features at a glance:
- 2cm/px hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area
- 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Custom vehicles and aircraft based at the airfield
- Buildings based on real-world mapping and LiDAR height data
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment modelled from real-world photographs
- PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings fully modelled
- Surrounding POIs; Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings
- Optimised for performance
- Blends seamlessly with Orbx GB TrueEarth Central
- Animated and functional signal square, anemometer and windsocks.