X-Plane developer, Cowan Simulation has released its first significant update for the MD500E, taking it up to version 1.10.
X-Plane developer, Cowan Simulation has released the first significant update for the MD500E, taking it up to version 1.10.
The light utility helicopter was released for X-Plane 11 earlier this year, sporting realistic flight dynamics, 4K PBR textures and FMOD sounds. The cockpit comes with custom 3D instruments, night lighting and Reality XP GTN 750 Integration. It is available on x-plane.org for $24.95.
Highlights of the new version include new liveries, adjusted engine dynamics along with a host of upgraded system’s. The main updates of version 1.10 are available below.
- Added liveries and paint kit
- Missing keys. The starter will not work unless on.
- Click spots to remove EITHER fire extinguisher.
- Hot start notification pop-up and reset click spot. Let the engine wind back down before clicking reset.
- Several FMOD sounds and remixed/replaced.
- Changed/updated textures and normals.
- Pilots and passengers
- Cargo pod
- Skid mirror
- Remove duel controls
- Standard Panel
- Wire cutters
- Utility floats.
All options are added to the persistence script so they will be saved between your sim time.
Fixed Cyclic in VR
The manipulator settings inside of the “500E_vrconfig” file in the main folder needed a change to work correctly. This only affected users who did not use a physical joystick or cyclic but using only the VR controller to grab the virtual cyclic to fly.
Fixed ADF receiver
The ADF power was configured improperly and would not come on with the battery toggle.
Fixed throttle animation
This was just a visual flaw. If you were using a physical hardware device to control the twist throttle then when moving through max rotation the animation would flicker.
Fixed Strobe Light
Initially this was thought to be a draw order issue but it turns out the strobe was not connected to the beacon light toggle.
- Anticollision and position lights were backwards.
- COMM & NAV 1 frequencies.
- Fuel flow issue on startup.
- Adjusted fuel consumption.
- Instrument/device lighting issues.
- Fixed the save button in the VR config menu.
- Corrected typos in textures.
- Switched fuel cut off valve to be closed (IN) by default.
- Fuel cut off on the throttle.
- Rotor brake strength.
- Adjusted horsepower.
- Skid flex animations.
- Coded custom ammeter behaviour.
- Adjusted oil pressure.
- Oil temperature coded to be at ambient temperature until above.
- TOT temperature coded to be at ambient temperature until above.
- Added code for smooth gauge needle animations when battery switch cut off.
- Re-ignition light works when testing now.
- Center window framing, windows, trim all narrowed. It was too wide.
- Made grab handles thicker.
- Several flight model changes. The Floats have drag when active and 0 drag when not active.