The juggernaut that is DCS continues to roll with yet another addition to its hangar in the form of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen, developed by Leatherneck Simulations and available as an ‘Early Access’ product.
This is what the developers have to say about this new addition:
“The AJS-37 Viggen is a Swedish double-delta supersonic attack aircraft from the late Cold War. It was the backbone of the Swedish Air Force during the Cold war, serving as the main attack and anti-ship platform. The AJS is the ‘90s upgrade of this ‘70s-era aircraft, adding several advanced weapons and systems functionalities.”
Key Features of the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen include:
- Highly detailed and accurate 6-DOF (Degrees of Freedom) cockpit.
- Extensive and highly detailed aircraft modelling systems such as: CK37 aircraft computer with navigation data, time on target and fuel calculation systems.
- Data input / output interface and pre-planned data cartridge functionality.
- Automatic dead reckoning navigation and terrain contour matching position update system.
- Flight instrument systems.
- Electrical and hydraulic systems. TILS Tactical Instrument Landing System.
- Advanced RM-8A jet engine modelling with thrust reverser, compressor surges and stalls.
- Sophisticated high-resolution air-to-ground radar technology modelling the PS-37/A radar including:
- Highly accurate advanced flight model based on real performance data and documentation.
- Maritime reconnaissance capabilities to determine position, course and speed of vessels.
- Advanced programmable weapons such as the RB-15F anti-ship missile with multiple waypoints and the configurable BK-90 “Mjolnir” Cluster munitions dispenser.
- Detailed modelling of over 14 unique weapons and miscellaneous stores.
- Comprehensive 400+ page flight manual.
- Extensive interactive and voiced training tutorials.
- Several campaigns and missions.