Eagle Dynamics has announced the DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle is now available on pre-order.
The F-15E Strike Eagle was developed in the mid-1980s as a multi-role fighter, designed for air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. Its APG-70 radar boasts synthetic mapping that can create pictures of the target based solely on radar imaging. A self-contained, networked electronic warfare suite gives the aircraft excellent self-protection capabilities with enhanced battlespace information delivered to the two-seat cockpit.
The Low-Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) allows the aircraft to fly at low altitudes, at night and in all weather conditions to attack ground targets with a variety of precision-guided and unguided weapons. The Navigation Pod contains a Terrain-Following Radar that allows the pilot to operate at very low altitudes. This system can also be coupled to the autopilot.
For air-to-ground missions, the F-15E can carry most weapons in the US Air Force inventory. It can also be armed with AIM-9M Sidewinders or AIM-120C Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM) for air-to-air roles. The "E" model also has an internally mounted 20mm gun that can carry up to 500 rounds.
The package from RAZBAM is a study-level simulation is the F-15E Strike Eagle Suite 4E+ software installed in Strike Eagles around 2003.
Key Features include:
- Advanced flight model with realistic performance and handling characteristics for the F-15E Strike Eagle with Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 powerplants.
- Accurate and detailed 3D model external and textures.
- Highly detailed and accurate 6 DOF cockpit based on 3D scans with high-resolution textures, specular and bump mapping, and mouse-interactive controls.
- Detailed and thorough simulation of the F-15E's AN/APG-70 radar.
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution Systems (JTIDS) datalink.
The aircraft also comes with training material, including a set of interactive training missions covering the instruments and weapons, a detailed manual for the aircraft and all systems, a free story-driven campaign built by Baltic Dragon and a set of missions for single player, multiplayer and multi crew.
The DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle is in the final phase of debugging and testing. It is available on Eagle Dynamics’ website for $55.99 (a 30% pre-purchase discount applies). The price will increase to $79.99 when it is released.