Eagle Dynamics SA and Belsimtek have announced that the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is now available for pre-purchase.
The companies have said: “DCS: F/A-18C Hornet will be the most authentic and detailed simulation we have ever developed and it will use our unique CFD engine and aerodynamics developed by Belsimtek to create the most realistic flight dynamics possible. Based on exhaustive research in association with Boeing, our Hornet takes advantage of our newly developed simulation engine and it will set a new benchmark for PC flight simulation.”
The Hornet is a true multi-role fighter that can switch from attacking surface targets to engaging air targets with the press of a button. Equally at home on an aircraft carrier or airfield, the Hornet is equipped with a large suite of sensors that include radar, targeting pod and a helmet-mounted sight. In addition to its internal 20mm cannon, the Hornet can be armed with a large assortment of unguided bombs and rockets, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, airto- surface missiles of all sorts, and both radar- and infrared-guided air-to-air missiles.
DCS World provides a rich and authentic digital battlefield for the Hornet to fly in.
Key features of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet include:
- Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)
- Realistic model of the F/A-18C
- Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many systems including engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, inertial and GPS navigation systems with moving map display
- Virtually all the weapons and sensors that a mid-2000s US Navy F/A-18C operates, highly realistic cockpit that is mouse-interactive
- Spin recovery system
- Authentic Hornet sounds with assistance from Boeing
- New effects including over-wing vapour, virtual reality support and multiple liveries.
During the Early Access period, the following items will be added to DCS: F/A-18C Hornet: new and updated sensors to include air-to- ground radar, additional air-to-air radar modes, Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System, Link-16 Datalink and targeting pod, new weapons such as harpoon, HARM, Shrike, Maverick, JSOW and SLAM, SLAMER missiles, Walleye, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, sea mines, fire bombs, TALD decoys and AIM-9X and AIM-120 air-to-air missiles.
It will also include additional display pages including the Situational Awareness, Flight Performance Advisory System and Automatic Carrier Landing pages.
Pre-purchase now for $59.99 (£42 approx) and save $20 (£14) from the Early Access release price of $79.99 (£56 approx). The Early Access DCS: F/A- 18C Hornet is due to be available for download by the end of spring 2018.