The Eagle Dynamics team has released the Early Access version of the AH-64D for DCS World.
The DCS: AH-64D is one of the most complex projects Eagle Dynamics has undertaken. The Early Access version of the AH-64D includes a rich feature set such as near-complete external and cockpit art and animations, including new pilot models. Most of the avionics systems are fully operational such as the Tactical Situation Display (TSD), the Integrated Helmet and Display Sight System (IHADSS) and numerous Multi-Purpose Display (MPD) pages.
Also included is a massive update to the FLIR technology that will be available for DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer, DCS: F-16C Viper, DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and DCS: JF-17 Thunder. The team is planning to later deploy the improved FLIR technology to all other compatible sensors, third-party modules, and DCS: Combined Arms soon.
Sensors and weapons include the Targeting Acquisition and Designation Sight (TADS), Pilot Night Vision Sensor (PNVS), night vision goggles, laser-guided AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, Hydra 2.75in unguided rockets and the M230 Chain Gun.
Flying the AH-64D is made easy with its advanced flight control system. Online multi-crew is available at Early Access and single pilot or gunner operation is possible thanks to the advanced 'George' AI. In the coming months, the Fire Control Radar (FCR), radar-guided Hellfire missiles, datalink between flight members, and more will be made available.
Later in development, the AH-64D will also be equipped with the Fire Control Radar (FCR) that will enable it to detect, classify, track, and engage both air and surface targets with radar-guided Hellfire missiles.
Key Features of DCS: AH-64D
At Early Access release:
- Professional flight dynamics and engine modelling with high precision characteristics of the real aircraft in all ranges of altitude, temperature and speeds for different weights and flight configurations
- Two 6DOF highly detailed cockpits and external model
- Fully clickable cockpits with interactive mouse control
- Multi-crew. A second crew member can be another player or the "George" AI
- Detailed modelling of the entire electrical, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, fire protection, SCAS, hold modes, and radio systems
- Full modelling of armament and weapons systems with the ability to use 30mm chain gun, 2.75" rockets, and AGM-114K Hellfire anti-tank guided missiles in Direct, Low, and High modes
- External fuel tanks
- IHADSS, MPNVS, and MTADS/TEDAC systems and sensors
- Linear Motion Compensator (LMC)
- Tactical Situation Display (TSD) with moving map
- Defensive systems that include the Common Missile Warning System, chaff and flare dispensers, and radar warning receiver
- U.S. Army and Other Paint Schemes
- Night Vision Goggles
- Search Light
- Early Access Manual
- Training Missions.
At final release:
- Fire Control Radar (FCR) and Radar Frequency Interferometer (RFI)
- Addition of the AGM-114L radar-guided Hellfire
- Data Link System to share and assign targets between flight members
- TADS Multi-Target Tracker (MTT)
- Laser Warning System
- Radar Jammer
- Anti-Ice System
- Advanced Damage Modelling
- Additional liveries and livery template
- Full English (full list of languages is TBD)
- Campaign by Eagle Dynamics
The Early Access version of the Apache is available with a 20% discount on the Eagle Dynamics website for $63.99. Prices will increase to $79.99 for the final version. The AH-64D will soon be in Free to Play for 14 days to test fly before you buy.