Eagle Dynamics has announced that Ugra Media’s next World War Two map will be DCS: Normandy 2.
The Normandy 2 map enlarges the DCS: Normandy 1944 map to 400km x 600km to include London, Paris and the surrounding regions. It will also feature more than 130 original map objects and a detailed area six times larger than DCS: Normandy 1944.
The Normandy 2 map includes new churches, train stations, market squares, petrol stations and many other cultural and natural features. The United Kingdom region has been completely redone to a much greater level of detail and accuracy. This is in addition to updating the French region.
Key Features of DCS: Normandy 2:
- Recreation of London and Paris.
- Improved ground textures, roads, rail lines, fields, forests and new trees
- Additional telegraph and power poles, semaphores, fences and new buildings
- More accurate rivers and coastlines, including the chalk cliffs of southern England
- Updated and unique airfields with greater details and more equipment to better match the period. Normandy 2 brings the number of unique airfields to 50.
DCS: Normandy 2 will benefit from new technology that allows existing maps to be extended with low-detailed areas. If you wish to pass on the upgrade, you may still join multiplayer servers and compatibility with campaigns will remain. Please note that the Normandy 2 upgrade is required to experience a much higher level of detail.
When released, DCS: Normandy 2 will be available as a complete map for $59.99 (approx £54). Existing owners of either DCS: Normandy 1944 or DCS: The Channel maps can purchase Normandy 2 for $14.99 (approx 12.60). If you own both, you can purchase DCS: Normandy 2 for $9.99 (approx £9).