John Venema from Orbx has announced EGPH Edinburgh Airport for both X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D is due for imminent release.
Developed in-house team Gaya Simulations, the airport will feature HD PBR textures along with fully modelled fire stations, hotels and office buildings that surround the airport.
This is the most up-to-date version of the airport available for both simulators, taking into account many of the airport’s recent changes, including the old Runway 12/30, which closed in March 2018.
The package will feature custom 3D modelling of the main terminal areas and smaller details such as ground service equipment scatter the apron. Edinburgh’s iconic Air Traffic Control tower has been recreated using highly detailed modelling and texturing.
Edinburgh is designed to blend in with TrueEarth GB North and will be released simultaneously for both Prepar3D and X-Plane platforms.
At a glance
- Up-to-date rendition of Edinburgh airport in its current real-world state
- High-resolution photoscenery surrounding the airport
- Detailed and performance-friendly 3D modelling for the airport and beyond
- Ground textures with environmental wear-and-tear
- Fire station, hotels and offices all fully modelled with impressive detailing
- Dynamic lighting across the whole airport bringing the airport at night to life
- The iconic ATC tower at Edinburgh is rendered complete with accurate lighting during night
- Edinburgh comes to live with a range of animated traffic including firetrucks, fuel tankers and more
- SAM jetways to make it easy to connect to your aircraft at aircraft stands.
EGPH Edinburgh Airport is now in late beta testing and will be released soon.