Leonardo Software has officially released version 1.5b493 of Fly the Maddog X for Prepar3D version 4.4 and 4.5.
Customers currently with latest 1.5b492 Open Beta build are also encouraged to update, since several small issues have been fixed.
This build is full PBR and takes advantage of the recently released Hotfix 2 for P3D v4.5. For customers who don’t want PBR or have an older system, the 1.4b427 build is still available in your simMarket accounts. It features optional PBR models you can disable from the load manager application.
All included documents have been updated to reflect the new features and changes – please read them, including the installation and activation guide for the correct install procedure.
With this release, the price for Fly the Maddog X has increased by €10 for both the ‘MD-82 64bit base pack edition’ and the ’32-bit to 64-bit upgrade offer’.
The company also stated that “development is not over,” and they will soon start working on a Shared Cockpit, that will be free for all customers – but limited to local area network only. More details are coming soon.
Existing customers can download the new release for free from their simMarket accounts.
- Canadian Marconi CMA-900 and PMS systems
- Mouse acceleration to VHF freq decimals in 8.33KHz mode
- Clock settings (except chrono buttons) to the CM1/CM2 sync option
- Functionality for the PA button, light and volume needle animation
- Trip and taxi fuel weights directly read and set in load manager from imported OFP
- ACARS printing capability to physical/emulated or VC printer
- manual pass oxy mask release and ac xtie lockout reset switches.
3D Model and VC
- Fine-tuned VC objects dimensions and position
- Added VC printer animation
- Added manual pass oxy mask release and ac xtie lockout reset switches animation.
- When MD-83 & MD-88 variants is installed, added the possibility to select -219 engine type for the MD-82 and -217A/-217C for the MD-83/MD-88 (TRC settings and performance will change accordingly)
- Removed NO-PBR model option
- Added printer selection for ACARS *PRINT command in ‘Simulator Options’
- Added new cockpit customisations in ‘Airliner Options’.
- Added sound for auto/manual press lever and manual press wheel movement
- Sound for spoiler extended in flight
- Slat aerodynamic sound
- All cockpit sounds now located in the aircraft sounds folder.
- Revision: AOM vol 1-15 and vol 2-6; AOM vol 2 Operational Bullettin; Quick Guide and User Manual.
- Updated ‘MaddogX ACARS.txt’ PFPX template file in Madddog X Files\redist.
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved LOC CAP logic
- Fixed issue with FMS crossing IDL
- Fixed WEIGHT BEYOND MAX message in ACARS
- Added prompt ‘*CLEAR’ in 5L LSK ACARS INIT DATA page
- Added ‘FLT PLAN*’ 2R LSK in ACARS PREFLIGHT page
- Fixed and improved GSX/GSX Level 2 integration
- Improved engine spool up timing and sound sync
- Tuned IAS mode logic for faster response to speed decrease by PF while in descent
- Fixed issues in DFGS conflict-mode logic when DFGS 2 selected and active
- Fixed ACARS preliminary weights page replacing the current received message page
- ENG SYNC inhibited with engines OFF
- Typing on FMS scratchpad inhibited until a message is cleared.
External 3D Model
- Fixed outflow valve animation;
- Fixed issue with outboard flight spoilers not moving symmetrically in reference to the other spoiler panels, when spoiler or auto spoiler extended.
- Fixed effects resulting in oversized AI lights.
- Fixed approximation when converting from KG to LBS.