Flying Circus - Volume II brings a renewed effort to recreate the World War One aerial battlefield and expand upon the work of Flying Circus - Volume I with a more diverse plane set, a larger map and a pilot career mode with a quick mission builder.
The package contains a plane set that includes not only fighters but bombers and recon aircraft, bringing a more diverse range of missions. Combined with aircraft from Flying Circus - Volume I, most aircraft that saw combat from 1917 to the end of the war in 1918 are represented. It also completes the Western Front 1918 map and introduces career game mode with new mission types.
Flying Circus - Volume II is part of the IL-2 Great Battles series and can be used as a standalone product or with other games in the series – Flying Circus - Volume I, Battle for Stalingrad, Battle for Moscow, Battle of Kuban and Operation Bodenplatte. Together they form a single combat flight simulator of both world wars.
Flying Circus - Volume II includes:
- The Western Front 1918 map, containing northwestern and southeastern parts of the front line with cities, towns, airfields, factories, bridges, farms and no man's land
- French fighter Spad VII.C1 in two variations
- British Sopwith Triplane rotary engine fighter
- French rotary engine fighter Nieuport 28.C1
- French medium two-seat bomber Breguet 14.B2
- British medium two-seat bomber Airco DH.IV
- British heavy twin-engine bomber Handley Page O-400
- German Fokker D.VIII monoplane fighter
- German fighter Pfalz D.XII. German heavy twin-engine bomber Gotha G.V
- German two-seat recon/bomber DFW C.V.
The aircraft models include field and weapon modifications from the era with detailed exterior models with 4K skins, full-scale 3D interiors and the ability for friends to join and play online as an observer/gunner. Several building types, hangars, ground vehicles and scenery objects are also included to enhance the mission environment.
Other highlights include:
- Two multiplayer modes of gameplay - Cooperative and Dogfight
- Realistic ballistics modelling
- Authentic gun and bombsights, including the Aldis sight
- Detailed physics and aircraft performance
- Realistic damage model.
Flying Circus - Volume II is now available with a 25% launch discount on the 1C Games Studios website and on Steam.
1C Games Studios also announced it has entered into an agreement with Ugra to develop the third part of the project - Flying Circus - Volume III.
It will include eight aircraft:
- German Albatros D.II fighter
- German fighter Halberstadt D.II
- French Nieuport 17.C1 fighter
- French Nieuport 11.C1 fighter
- French fighter Nieuport 17.C1 GBR adapted for British service
- French Hanriot HD.1 fighter
- British two-seat reconnaissance aircraft R.E.8
- British two-seat medium bomber F.E.2b.
Flying Circus - Volume III will also finalise the Western Front map and pilot career mode. Map objects and career mode will cover the entire length of the front lines, improving the content of Rise of Flight. There will be new industrial plants, farms and front-line objects. The map will have five seasons: Summer, early Autumn, late Autumn / early Spring, Winter and Spring. The release of Flying Circus - Volume III is scheduled for the end of 2023. The first aircraft will be available this summer via the Early Access program.