Hogsback Ranch is a private airstrip in the North California backcountry with breathtaking views and the perfect location for virtual bush trip adventures.
Developed by //42, the package for Microsoft Flight Simulator has a small footprint with a large coverage area. It is also the perfect place for //42s Campout utility with plenty of space for aircraft camping.
The site combines luxury living with the ultimate aviation experience with a private hangar, a helo depot with a helipad and a challenging approach to an untreated strip with cliffs at both ends of the runway and nearby power lines.
Other highlights include interior modelling for the buildings and custom night lighting all around the property. Details such as campfires at key locations during sunsets, a hangar with animated doors, windsock and custom sounds are all included. The area has also been terraformed to match the surrounding landscape with custom vegetation and ground clutter.
Other features include:
- Runways: 984ft gravel runway, 1,043ft dirt strip and asphalt helipad
- Windsock mounted atop hangar at residence and atop depot
- Amenities include a swimming pool, hangar, stables, off-road vehicles and campsites
- Multiple objects and hazards on the approach and near the runway
- Custom 3D library of on-ground assets Stone fire rings sized specifically for //42 Campout Utility campfires
- Hangar with a working hydraulic door features custom sounds
- Stables on site feature horses with custom sounds
- Custom night lighting all around the property, including a pool with floating doughnut
- Study level bollards INOP Switch Sculpture by artist Saptain Cim.
Hogsback Ranch is available on OrbxDirect for AUD$14.00 (approx £8.00).