Developed by Matteo Veneziani, KBUR Hollywood Burbank is an airport and cityscape package for Prepar3Dv4 and v5.
Burbank is one of the primary airports in the Los Angeles area, with mainline carriers flying to destinations across the US. As the closest airport to downtown LA and the major film studios, it is also highly popular with corporate traffic, as well as being a major cargo hub for FedEx and UPS.
Matteo has modelled the airport with incredible attention to detail to both airside and landside aspects. The custom static aircraft can be disabled or enabled via control panel settings, as well as a host of other performance-based preferences. Beyond the airport boundary, a 1400km2 coverage area includes the entire San Fernando Valley and surrounding mountain ranges; the extended cityscene component includes dozens of custom landmarks, custom autogen vegetation, high-resolution DEM and hand-edited ortho imagery. Special attention has been paid to the film studios, commercial areas and Universal Studios theme park to the south of the airport. Cross over the Hollywood Hills to explore the Griffith Observatory and iconic Hollywood sign. All non-residential buildings have been created using new modelling techniques, ensuring a balance between detail, unique content and accuracy. As well as the main airport, the scenery also includes six rooftop helipads and lite renditions of both Van Nuys and Whiteman general aviation airports.
Beyond the immediate airport vicinity, the scenery includes a large section of the northern Los Angeles metro area, encompassing the entire San Fernando Valley and the surrounding mountains. As one of our most requested destinations, an incredible amount of attention has been spent finessing all the details of the airport, including complete PBR textures, unique GSE, vehicles and static aircraft. A key focus of this project has been performance optimization, with ground-breaking techniques implemented to ensure a seamless experience with add-on aircraft.
The package is also designed to work seamlessly with either Global Base or SCA Southern California.
- Complete ultra-HD rendition of Hollywood Burbank Airport
- Custom modelling throughout, with full PBR textures
- 1400km2 of extended cityscape scenery
- Covers the entirety of the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood Hills and surrounding mountains
- Hand-edited ground textures at 30cm & 1m resolution
- Dozens of points of interest, including Universal Studios, Hollywood Sign, Griffith Observatory and more
- Unique GSE and static aircraft fleet unique to Burbank
- Custom vegetation, grass and non-airside detailing
- Incredibly detailed landside approaches
- High-resolution 10m DEM
- All non-residential buildings as custom 3D models with unique roof textures
- 2x Bonus Lite Airstrips: KVNY Van Nuys and KWHP Whiteman
- Six skyscraper helipads
- Start-of-the-art optimization techniques to ensure high performance.
Hollywood Burbank is available on OrbxDirect for AUD$39.95 (approx. $27.70/€24,52/£22.22).