Orbx has revealed its next Swedish destination is Scandinavian Mountains Airport (ESKS) for Prepar3D version 4.
Working in close consultation with the airport's owners, the project started prior to the grand opening of the real airfield on December 22, 2019. Combined with snow technology, ESKS also brings to the simulator new 3cm drone-sourced aerial imagery.
Scandinavian Mountains Airport is a new, purpose-designed Swedish destination, close to the Norwegian border. It was built to service the major ski resorts located nearby. Designed to handle aircraft up to the 747 in size, ESKS hosts scheduled A320, RJ100 and ATR72 services to both Swedish and European hubs, including Gothenburg, Heathrow and Copenhagen. While primarily a winter holiday destination, the airfield is expected to handle year-round traffic, including corporate and GA flights alongside RPT services. It has the first purpose-built remote virtual control tower (RVT), meaning that ATC staff are based in Sundsvall, rather than the airport itself.
The package from Orbx package includes all the latest technology; 4K mixed-material and PBR texturing, dynamic ground polygons, advanced rendering techniques, internal modelling, hand-drawn night lighting, custom static aircraft and GSE compatibility.
- Drone-sourced 3cm aerial imagery around the airport, including advanced normal/spec maps beyond the normal GP
- The world's newest international airport, with flights to major Swedish and European destinations including Heathrow and Copenhagen
- Detailed multi-seasonal depiction of ESKS Scandinavian Mountains Airport
- Realistic depiction of unique snow during the winter months
- Interior modelling
- Advanced materials, including PBR
- Colour-corrected coverage area at 7cm & 50cm resolution, with hand-placed autogen
- Custom static aircraft & GSE unique to ESKS
- Weather-influenced ground textures
- Stunning night light lighting
- A short flight to our other Swedish destinations, Gothenburg, Stockholm Arlanda, Kiruna, Visby and Dala
- The perfect short-haul destination for A320/NGX, regional jet and GA flyers alike!
- Designed for P3Dv4 to blend seamlessly with Orbx Norway, Orbx Global Base and openLC Europe
- Optimised for high performance, even with high-end aircraft.
- Developed by Marcus Nyberg.