Following nine hours of test-flying, Friedrich Diehl and Thomas Holz ferried Klemm KI 35 SE-BGA from Håtunaholm airfield, just north-west of Stockholm, to Siegerland airport in central Germany at the end of April. The historic German trainer is now part of the Sterntakt collection at Siegerland, which currently operates a Focke-Wulf Fw 44 Stieglitz, two Spanish-built CASA 1.131 Jungmanns, and a 1939 Swiss-built Bücker Bü 131.
SE-BGA was built in 1941 at the Klemm factory in Böblingen, south-west Germany as Werknummer 1983, and delivered to the Swedish Air Force as Fv5054. It was retired from service in 1948. Its most recent owner, Håkan Wijkander, restored the machine about 10 years ago. In addition to SE-BGA, Friedrich Diehl is restoring another former Swedish KI 35, Fv5012, which will also be painted silver overall. Diehl is preparing the fuselage in his own private workshop, while the wings have already been completed and are now stored in the Sterntakt hangar at Siegerland.