Orbx has announced ESMS Malmo Airport for Prepar3D v4 and v5 is now available.
Developed by Marcus Nyberg, ESMS Malmö Airport is the latest destination in his highly-popular Swedish airport series.
Serving as Sweden's fourth-busiest airport, Malmö welcomes passengers from across Scandinavia, as well as further afield in central and southern Europe. It is most at home with narrowbody (737/A320/E-Jet) and regional aircraft (BAe146/CRJ/F-50/ATR-72) types, as well as the occasional 747 or An-124.
A unique feature of the airport is the second runway and adjacent aero clubs. Sturup Aero Club is situated amongst the maintenance hangars, as well as several flight schools. Standing alone on the south side of the secondary runway, the Aero Club in Malmö and South Sweden Flight Academy provide additional facilities for general aviation. The airport is also a major Fokker 50 maintenance base for Amapola Flyg as well as a graveyard/storage facility for the West Air BAe ATP fleet - both of which have been faithfully depicted in this scenery.
The package from Orbx features PBR (Physically Based Rendering) texturing on key infrastructure items, while mixed-materials textures have been used elsewhere, to ensure a balance between detail and performance. Other highlights include complete seasonal variations, weather-controlled ground features, interior modelling and landside detail.
The approaches have been faithfully reproduced with blended ortho imagery, hand-placed autogen and the night lighting with both dynamic and rendered (baked) lighting. Other highlights include animated SODE jetways, custom GSX profile, and optional VDGS (Visual Docking Guidance System).
ESMS combines the latest P3D technologies alongside best-practice optimisation to ensure the perfect balance stunningly high-fidelity visuals and excellent performance.
- Ultra-HD texturing through the airport, including PBR for primary components
- Interior modelling
- Weather-influenced PBR ground textures
- Night light lighting using a combination of dynamic and baked lighting for a completely immersive night experience
- Animated SODE jetways
- Optional accurate VDGS for customers who use the SODE VDGS pack
- Unique custom aircraft (F-50/BAe ATP and more) made specifically for Malmo
- Complete GSX compatibility
- Optimised for high performance
- Designed for P3Dv4.5 & v5 to blend seamlessly with Orbx Global Base and openLC Europe.
Malmo Airport is available on OrbxDirect for AUD$34.95 ($24.93/€21,30/£19.45).