Asobo Studio has announced Sim Update III is now available for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform.
The new version adds a host of features such as visible contrails on the player's aircraft and an option to match aircraft to specific real-world examples. Refinements have been made to the in-sim aircraft such as a more accurate centre of gravity, fuselage wear on older aircraft results in higher parasitic drag and adjustments have been made to the control surface limits.
Various improvements and fixes continue to be made to the avionics, autopilot and FMS systems along with additional functionality. The glass cockpits for general aviation aircraft have also seen some bug fixes applied and the engine modelling and flight dynamics for general aviation and airliners have been improved as well as updates to the aircraft lighting.
Finally, the latest AIRAC cycle has been integrated into the simulator along with improvements to ATC (Air Traffic Control).
The full release notes are available below.
- FSX legacy liveries are available on appropriate aircraft: Kenmore, Emerald Gold, Global Freightways, Orbit, Pacifica and World Travel.
- Contrails are now displayed on the player's aircraft (multiplayer and AI are not supported yet).
- A new customisation menu in the World map further adjusts the aircraft to match specific real-world aircraft. The changes only affect the next flight and they are not persistent.
- The empty CG position can be different. Just like on real aircraft, the empty balance can be slightly different.
- The wear on the fuselage can be increased to get a slightly higher parasitic drag and simulate older aircraft.
- The maximum angle limits for the elevator, rudder and ailerons can be adjusted to simulate the slight difference that may exist between different real aircraft. Check the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) Information for real-world aircraft control surface angle limit variation tolerance.
Performance and Stability
- Fixed various crashes across the title and a specific crash while using the manual cache.
- The latest AIRAC cycle has been integrated and is now available.
Autopilot / FMS:
- Corrected an issue that prevented the VS Wheel from working in FLC mode on the Cessna Citation Longitude.
- Disabled the autopilot which was incorrectly set as available on the JMB VL-3.
- Corrected an issue preventing the use of the VS Wheel to control the pitch on some aircraft.
- Corrected an issue with the VS Knob not properly responding to commands on the Airbus A320neo.
- Prevented the autopilot from being polluted by incorrect data when exiting slew mode.
- VOR/ADF Feature implemented.
- VOR/ADF – Airbus A320neo FMA adaptability.
- Fixed General Aviation planes displaying FMS instead of GPS.
- G3000 – Fixed FlightPhase & NavSource display not showing properly.
- Fix roll hold mode behaving like wing level.
- Removing auto-alignment of localisers with the runway when the heading given by the localiser and the heading of the runway are too different.
- Add TRK/FPA features to Airbus A320neo.
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental LNAV and VNAV do no longer engage automatically when activating the autopilot.
- Enhanced HUD projection for the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner.
- Speed trend arrow is now more reactive and accurate.
- Fixed some bearings indicated outside of the 0-360 range in Garmin instruments
- Fixed a bug in GNS430 and GNS530 where the cursor did no automatically jump to "Activate" in Direct-to page on validation of the entered ident when there is no ident duplicate.
- Added airport ident and ILS runway name in GNS530 when tuning nav radio to a localiser.
- Fixed flight director roll not working when autopilot is not activated.
- Added wind display in G3X Touch in PFD or split mode.
- Added possibility to adjust brightness level in G3X Touch.
- Added possibility to adjust brightness level in G3000.
- Fixed issue in FLT files that lead to flight plan not being loaded in instruments.
- Fixed the display of LDA approaches that were wrongly aligned to the runway at the end of their path.
- Fixed Beechcraft Baron G58 incorrectly having automixture enabled.
- Corrected an issue causing the AutoStart sequence of the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to activate the batteries later than expected.
- Re-enabled the STARTERX SET keys which used to throw an error and toggle the starter. They now correctly set the starter to ON or OFF.
- Corrected an issue causing the starter to affect the plane's rpm excessively when the piston_power_scalar of the plane is >1.
- Corrected an issue that would prevent the engine from ever shutting down while in unlimited fuel mode.
- Beechcraft Baron G58 engines adjustment.
- Beechcraft Bonanza G36 engine idle RPM adjustment.
- Corrected a number of minor XML errors.
- Improved the behaviour of knobs that repeatedly send an action to prevent it from sending multiple events at once.
- Corrected the fact that the Avionics switch of the Pipistrel Virus SW121 was off when starting in cruise.
- Enabled the THRT Knob on the ATC Panel of the Airbus A320neo.
- Enabled the option to push the backup baro knob of the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental to set it in Standard Altitude mode.
- Made the copilot's HUD interactable on the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner.
- Enabled the clock's buttons on the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner.
- JMB VL-3 Propeller Instrument Fix.
- Fixed Mouse Events not handled correctly on Tactile Screens.
- AS3X Touch – Removed com active ident display.
- Cessna Citation CJ4 – Fixed default VT Speed.
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner – Fixed ND interaction Model.
- Fixed the "COM RECEIVE ALL" simvar always returning false on planes without a configured COM 3, leading to problems with some third-party content.
- Beechcraft King Air 350i – Baro knobs have been added.
- Corrected flaperon animation on Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, which was incorrect in the air.
- Corrected an issue preventing the autobrakes of the Airbus A320neo from enabling on the Fungal mission.
- Fixed Beechcraft Baron G58 inoperative rudder trim.
- Corrected some emissive elements staying active when they should be off on the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner.
- Corrected some emissive elements staying active when they should be off on the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental.
- Corrected some emissive elements staying active when they should be off on the Airbus A320neo.
- "Mixture: Lean for Altitude" checkpoint can now be auto-completed without issues.
- Added a Brake Release checkpoint to the Aviat Pitts Special S2S checklist.
- The Checklist entry "Mixture: Rich below 3000 feet" is now correctly displayed as such instead of "300 feet".
- Engine should now start without struggle and auto-completion of the "Starting procedure" on the Aviat Pitts Special S2S should now work.
- Corrected issue on the Cessna 172 Skyhawk's checklist which prevented the copilot from correctly executing the "Set Transponder to Alt" step.
- Corrected an issue on piston aircraft checklists which prevented the steps relating to setting the right mixture from correctly executing.
- Corrected issue on the Beechcraft Baron G58 which caused the copilot to not keep the starter active long enough to reach combustion when auto-completing the checklist.
- Corrected issue on the Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental's checklist which caused the step to activate all fuel pumps to not properly validate on some airports.
- External HUD – Fixed AP Ref speed/altitude not always displayed
- 3rd View HUD – Fixed HSI not showing approach course if approach is armed
- 3rd View HUD – Fixed Trim & Flaps display
- Fixed crash when using a plane with an incorrectly set up fuel system.
- Fuel pressure gauges should now display correct pressure level indications.
- Fix crash when teleporting to approach.
- Fixed external HUD not updating at the correct framerate.
- A 'No binding' icon is displayed when no control is assigned to a VR action.
- If there are no controls assigned to the camera re-centre, then the player cannot switch to VR and they are asked to assign a command to this action.
- Players can now access the controls menu directly from the VR Mode page.
- HOTAS is now specified in the VR bindings (VR Mode page).
- VR is now functional when HDR is enabled.
- The panel reset feature is now functional in VR.
- A dark background is displayed when opening a menu in the cockpit.
- When a toolbar menu is opaque, it will now hide properly menus that are positioned behind it.
- Labels are now properly displayed in the VFR map.
- Various fixes on the toolbar and the panels display.
- The mouse cursor is now properly positioned in VR on the Cub Crafter X Cub instrument panel.
- Cockpit handles should not teleport anymore when clicked and dragged.
- It is now possible to switch the throttle to the cut-off position in the Daher TBM 930.
- The flap control in the Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000 doesn't return to a fully retracted position when interacting with the mouse.
- In case there is an ASOS/ATIS and Center/Departure/Approach agent on the same frequency in the same area, the ATIS/ASOS will not air its message if the player has been handed off to the Center/Departure/Approach agent to prevent the ATC flow from being stuck.
- Add leading zero for runway numbers in ATC communications when necessary
- Fix ATC agent pronouncing letter by letter airports names during communication with a player.
- Fixed ATC agent attributing cruise altitude instead of proper approach altitude when the first waypoint of the approach does not hold altitude information.
- Wind panel UI update for wind and gusts settings.
- The runway is correctly set when selecting the approach in the World Map.
- The behaviour of the 'Precision Marking' field in the Scenery Editor for the marking to be displayed for short runways is fixed.
- Displaying all waypoints from data on the World Map and changing zoom scores to compensate for the amount of new points.
- Fixed the World Map assigning a closed runway over an active runway under certain conditions.
- The outline against clouds and objects in-game introduced in the previous update is fixed.
- Lights should no longer be too dark under mountain shadow with a low-quality graphics setting.
- Taxi sign lights size has been tweaked.
- Revamped documentation website now live on https://docs.flightsimulator.com.
- Added Sample for AirtportServices.
- The left gauge in the MouseAircraft sample has been reworked to provide clearer information.
- Trimmed leading spaces in package title.
- Fixed a bug that would not update the Scene list when adding an object while having no object selected.
- Fixed an issue to avoid unwanted airport modification.
- Fixed a crash when hiding all TaxiwayPoints of an airport.
- Fixed GDI+ StringFormat conversion to NanoVG alignment.
- Fixed potential vulnerabilities in the WASI layer.
- Tweaked our system to avoid hampering module debugging with recurring exceptions.
- Load and Save Flight using the FlowFlightManager.
- Throttle mapping reversed for the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.
- Beechcraft King Air 350i does not change pitch with VS wheel when Autopilot is enabled on rare occasions.
- Aircraft screens might not initialise correctly upon loading a flight. Please restart the flight to fix this issue.
- The plane continually loses altitude causing it to crash after loading into the Attitudes & Instruments training flight.