Asobo Studios has released patch version 220.127.116.11 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The primary focus of this patch is to address many of the in-sim issues reported by the community. The team is continually prioritising the issues and feedback received to help plan future updates. Feedback from the community is a vital part of how each update is defined.
- Optimised cockpit screen display when screens are not visible on the monitor
- New option available to control cockpit screen update frequency.
- Tweaked CPU thread priorities to reduce interruption of frame critical threads
- Optimised loading system to reduce overall loading times
- Optimised heavy airport scenes impact on CPU
- Reduced the amount of GPU overdraw to improve GPU performance
- Memory optimisations to reduce software memory footprint and improve performance on memory limited computers
- Overall performance optimisations.
- Incoming ATC Azure speech has now three different voices
- ATC voice gender is now based on the avatar of the pilot/copilot
- Fix for the incorrect voice pack being used if the game is not localised in English and if the Windows Offline Text-to-Speech option is used.
- Filters and sorting have been improved in the marketplace
- Manual cache layout has been improved and the download estimated time should now be correct
- Improved support for gamepad navigation in many menus
- Case sensitive search is now working properly in the control screen
- Search by axis in the control screen has been fixed
- Active pause button has been added in the toolbar
- Pause button has been fixed in the Content manager.
- Improved wind turbulence simulation to reduce horizontal turbulences
- Added simulation of low rpm piston engine vibrations in the cockpit
- Added simulation of water particles (rain/clouds) density in aerodynamics => generates vibrations flying through clouds or rain
- Fixed wet surface friction and braking distances
- Fixed live weather wind offset in higher latitude areas (America, Asia…) that was causing the 3kts Wind bug.
- Cockpits Visuals And Animations
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: AP buttons animations have been fixed
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, ICON A5: placards have been updated
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk: compass texture have been improved
- Zlin Savage Cub: tail wheel blur effect is now correctly triggered
- Zlin Shock Ultra: arcs on airspeed indicator is correctly set
- Zlin Shock Ultra: turbo mode has been removed from dashboard
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: MCP buttons visual improvements.
General Aviation Systems
- Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: propeller sound has been improved when RPM is changing
- Cessna Longitude: AP altitude and speed management improvements
- Cessna Longitude: autothrottle is now inhibited during take-off and until 400 feet AGL
- Daher TBM 930: yaw damper is now automatically turned on when the AP is enabled
- Beechcraft King Air 350i: windshield deicing is now working
- ICON A5: « incorrect heading indicator » notification is now correctly triggered
- Zlin Shock Ultra: flaps now operate mechanically instead of electrically
- Zlin Shock Ultra: trim management improvements
- Cessna Citation CJ4: reverse thrust has been removed
- Cub Crafter X Cub: IAS AP mode is now working properly
- Daher TBM 930 and Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX: PT6 engines shutdown duration has been increased.
General Aviation Avionics
- Cessna Longitude: several knobs of the G5000 are now working
- Beechcraft Baron G58, Beechcraft Bonanza G36, Cessna 172 Skyhawk G1000, Diamond DA40 NG: fixed missing ALT knob
- Beechcraft King Air 350i: « menu » key is now working properly
- Cessna 152 and 152 Aerobat: avionics state have been fixed using Honeycomb device battery switch
- GNS 530: flight plan display alignment has been fixed on the Garmin GNS 530
- G1000: automatically switches from NAV to LOC when needed.
- G1000: ETE and ETA fixed wrong values.
- G1000/3000/3x: AP setup is no longer reset when enabling AP
- G1000/3000/3x: fixed missing flight plan when the selected departure is coordinated on the world map.
- G3x: text size in « approach box » has been increased
- G3x: approaches can now be selected and loaded
- G3x: fixed bad information in the nearest VOR page when unknown VOR is selected.
- General: AP behaviour improvements
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: rear wheels steering has been fixed
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: pressing the battery button now always display the ON part
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: improved flaps deployment and retraction sequences
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: fixed auto-throttle not giving back control to the pilot when disabled
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: centre tanks drain first when decreasing fuel quantity via fuel and payload menu
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: auto-throttle is now automatically disengaged when landing
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: auto-throttle now engages correctly during take-off roll when conditions are met
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: alt intervention no longer needs to be pressed again when not needed
- Airbus A320neo: automatic speed management improvements
- Airbus A320neo: alpha floor condition is now correctly triggered.
- General: weight is better taken into account for V speed calculations
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: FMC now allows to activate approach without going to the route page
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: approach VREF speeds are fixed
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: empty rectangles no longer displayed on the FMA
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: runways are now displayed in correct order in the FMC
- Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental: cruise altitude no longer automatically filled in the FMC
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: LNAV and VNAV correctly displayed as armed in FMA when conditions are met
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: altitude target on MCP can no longer be set to negative values
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: auto-throttle mode no longer displayed on FMA when auto-throttle is disabled
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: fixed wrong flaps value displayed in the FMC take off-page
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: target heading line on ND is no longer reset while in heading mode
- Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner: direct-to flight plans can now be entered in the FMC
- Airbus A320neo: target altitude can now be changed when AP is disabled
- Airbus A320neo: armed modes no longer appear in boxes on the FMA
- Airbus A320neo: flaps « FULL » indication instead of « F » on ECAM
- Airbus A320neo: FMGS message « INVALID ENTRY » replaced by « NOT ALLOWED »
- Airbus A320neo: FMGS now only displays arrival procedures corresponding to the selected runway
- Airbus A320neo: FMGS now correctly displays ETA for approach points
- Airbus A320neo: removed remaining waypoints on ND after selecting different approach procedures
- Airbus A320neo: fixed heading bug alignment offset issue
- Airbus A320neo: fixed missing runway in the perf page of FMGS when a departure runway is already selected
- Airbus A320neo: fixed constraints flickering on ND
- Airbus A320neo: FMGS block fuel indication now correctly initialised.
- Fixed freezes caused by glass cockpits
- Travel to feature no longer disengages autopilot when used.
- Fixed 225°/3kt issue with inconsistent wind in-game
- Fixed issue with weather persistence on flight restart.
- Upgraded multiplayer servers.
- Rating display on bundles has been improved
- Performance drop after downloading an item in the marketplace has been removed
- An addon purchased outside of the marketplace no longer has an impact on the “Installed” filter in the marketplace as it is considered as a “community” content.
- Addon purchased outside of the marketplace now also visible in the Content manager when online, and offline if downloaded in the community folder
- 3rd Party content thumbnail display improved
- Pause download during installation is fixed.
- Various typo fixes in multiple languages.
- Subtitles are now enabled by default
- Subtitle option has been moved from Sound menu to Accessibility so users can set it during the initial install.
- Remove rotation clamp on “Instrument cameras”
- Pilot camera position can now be saved or reset.
- Fix leg completion trigger
- Achievement should now unlock when all activities have been completed.
- Detected buildings that intersect roads are now excluded
- Longer bridges are less prone to having a gap
- UK city houses models should no longer appear in US suburbs
- “In The Wild” Achievement can now be unlocked.