Orbx has announced EGCK Caernarfon Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available.
EGCK is a general aviation airport southwest of Caernarfon with its historic castle and town centre. Serving as a base for the Welsh Search and Rescue and air ambulance, it is also home to several flying schools and offers tourists sightseen flights over Snowdonia national park. The airfield offers a great escape into the Welsh mountains and is an ideal base for exploring Wales and the north of England. For those more adventurous types, why not hop in a fighter jet and give the famous Mach Loop a try.
Created by Orbx developer Tony Wroblewski, the entire airfield has been modelled in detail from extensive real-world photography and numerous site visits offering unmatched realism and accuracy. The airport and all the recent extensions and new buildings have also been included ensuring it is as close as possible to the actual airport.
- Bespoke hand-painted ground textures
- Dynamic people and animals change based on time of year and day.
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Unique ground vehicles and aircraft
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment
- Hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings
- Surrounding POIs such as Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farms
- Optimized for best performance and works seamlessly with World Update 3 and Orbx’s UK North POI region.