PMDG has released a significant update for the 777-200ER as well as a plethora of free upgrades for the PMDG 777-200LRF Base Package and PMDG 777-300ER.
This is essentially a full rebuild of the entire 777 product line, complete with new fly-by-wire, new flight models, exterior models and PBR (Physically Based Rendering), compatibility with Prepar3D v5, updated systems logic, added ground services, a new sound engine, updated VNAV logic and integration for PMDG Global Flight Operations.
A new cockpit model is coming later in the year but even with that pending, PMDG added some new features including the EFB (requires the purchase of the 200ER) and cockpit motion, as well as the rare Para-Visual Display for the British Airways 200ER.
The get the updates, log into your account at www.pmdg.com and redownload the 777. PMDG recommends that you completely uninstall any previous installation of the 777 and delete all associated files, including flight plans, saved flights etc.
Change-list for this update is as follows:
- PMDG 777 Full Product Line - 1.11.1143 - 01MAR21
- [External Model - Geometry] Cargo doors hinge mechanism rod inverted.
- [General - Ground Operations] Ground power and Jetway power cables do not align with the Plug at the service Port in 200ER
- [General - 2D Panels] Excessive draw calls negatively impacting FPS when opening the 2D MCP pop up panel (also other 2D panels)
- [General - 2D Panels] MCP 2D Popup FPS Drop [duplicate]
- [General - Engines] Lag in 'Show Throttle' position index mark with 777 models
- [Systems - Fuel] Tank mass limits not enforced properly when fuel density is adjusted instantly via the FMS FUEL adjustment menu
- [EFB - General] EFB Documents option disabled and Documents error messages in EFB
- [FREEZES - All Types] Sim Crashes when changing Sound outputs from FMC
- [General - Suggested/Missing Features] 200ER Aircraft.cfg wrong Trent engine type mentioned
- [EFB - Performance and Computational] EFB OPT : EXIT selection for landing dispatch/enroute
- [Systems - Hydraulic] When applying parking brake without active systems, the pressure at the Brake Accum gauge is not reducing.
- [General - Flight Model] Low-speed aileron lockout receiving IAS when TAS is required causes lockout to fail.
- [External Model - Geometry] 300ER TailSkid see-through texture and piston length.
- [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Small VC gap at captains window, hook area.
- [External Model - Geometry] PW engine texture mapping issue, fan texture incorrect on GE and low-resolution fan texture.
- [External Model - Geometry] Cabin window shades not illuminated by cabin lighting.
- [External Model - Geometry] 200ER Flaperon is clipping the wing.
- [General - Unsure] Request to add EFB view to the Cockpit View Menus.
- [External Model - Liveries] D-ALFC wrong aircraft name. Ni Hoa instead of Ni Hao.
- [Various] TOB always shows even if not selectable.
- [Various] Engine fan animation syncs to FPS at N1% > 55.72.
- [Various] Spurious version check indicator box appears for some users.
- [Various] RCMND ALT within 500nm of TOD adjustment.