After months of discussion, Orbx has announced its first venture into “Project A“: FTX Innsbruck for Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator.
A statement on the Orbx website explained things in more detail: “Aerofly FS 2 (AFS2) is a state-of-the-art 64-bit flight simulator which is recognised as having the most efficient and highest performing 3D engine on the market today, with superb lighting and animation support and the smoothest VR experience available for any simulator anywhere.
“The first two titles to be published are LOWI Innsbruck Airport in Austria, and KCGX Merrill C. Meigs Field in Chicago USA, both of which have been faithfully ported and enhanced for the AFS2 platform and even adds features like a sloping runway at LOWI.
“I am extremely excited about this new emerging sim platform,” John Venema, Orbx CEO said. “We have found a development partner in IPACS with the same ideals, passion and professionalism as the Orbx team and these past months have been a pleasure in terms of cooperation and joint creativity.”
Dr Torsten Hans, CEO of IPACS added: “We’re absolutely thrilled to be co-publishing new HD content from Orbx, a company that we have enormous respect for and have been aware of the quality of its work for some time. I am looking forward to the further development of this partnership and many new exciting features to come to AFS2.”
LOWI and KCGX will be available to purchase from June 15, 2017 on the OrbxDirect.com web store and will be managed by Orbx’s FTX Central application for automatic updates. Likewise, for existing IPACS customers who prefer Steam, LOWI and KCGX will also be available to purchase from the Steam store as DLC.
For those who own or are looking forward to a VR headset, AeroFly FS 2 provides native compatibility for both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
FTX Innsbruck for Aerofly FS 2 features:
• Innsbruck Airport recreated in full HD detail.
• Full 2500 sq km coverage area.
• Sloped runway! A key feature of AF FS2.
• Ultra-crisp terrain textures. Defined mountains, roads and rivers all the way to the horizon, no more blurries.
• Incredible performance on even midrange systems – far superior to FSX/P3D.
• Amazing Virtual Reality integration: optimised for performance and smoothness.
• Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains.
• Complete autogen system – a major new feature previously unseen in AeroFly FS, expertly designed by the team at IPACS.
• Volumetric grass.
• Crisp and accurate shadow engine.
• Dozens of landmarks, POI and features, including two heliports.
• Stunning atmospheric engine perfectly suited to VFR flying.
This is just the first of many ORBX airports for AeroFly FS 2!
Current pricing and release details:
Owners of the FSX/P3D version of LOWI will receive a 40% discount for the AeroFly FS 2 version. Full price will be AUD$39.95 (€27, US$30, £23 approx.) or AUD$24 (€17, US$18, £14 approx.) at the discounted price. Release is scheduled for June 15, 2017.